If you didn’t manage to get to the Pre-Show meeting last week, here is a quick summary of what happened, what you missed out on, and some vital info for next month’s show:
Don’t Miss the Pre-Show for LBE 2016
The exciting Leicester Business Expo 2016 is nearly here…
Now children are back in School and Summer slowly turns into Autumn; the LBE 2016 is just days away, and your final choice of promotions will need to be ready for the Show.
Do you know how to promote yourself at an Exhibition? Booking a place at any Business Expo in the Town or City where you operate is always a great idea, and there are many ways of using this to market your company long before the Exhibition day arrives.
Promoting your presence at an Expo can have lots of great benefits:
It shows your current customers that you are a forward planning business, doing well in the area and reinforces their decision to buy from you
It reminds your previous customers that your business is growing, and they might just need a repeat order or a new service from you
It informs others who are not yet your customers that they have an easy way to ‘have a look at you’ without going to the bother or arranging a specific meeting.
It will bring lots of visitors to the Exhibition that may not have been before, which will benefit all the other Exhibitors and you benefit in turn, from their visitors who may need your products too.
Great Ways to Promote Your Stand at #LeicsBE16:
Write a short LinkedIn article about what you will be showing this year, and publish it on LinkedIn as a PULSE article, which goes out to ALL your connections. You may find some of them will ‘like’ it and then share it with their connections, as well as putting the date into their Diaries.
If you already use Facebook for your business, why not run a little competition and ask everyone to share your post with the stand number and event, and reward shares with a mini discount, or a free review.
Twitter is a worldwide platform, so your tweets about the event need to have #Leicester and #LeicsBE16 included in the text. This will make sure that anyone searching for the event on Twitter will then see your tweet, and may well follow or message you.
Use your own website Blog or News page for a short article to say that you will be on stand number XYZ. This then becomes instantly searchable on Google for anyone searching for the event, who will then see your blog.
Marketing Email Why not write a short email to all your business contacts, inviting them to come and see you at the event, with your stand number, and promote your new product, or new service. You can always tempt them with s special ‘Show Price’ for orders placed on the day during the show.
Use your Email Footer: Add a short line to ever email footer in the company that says something like: Visit us on Stand XYZ at the Leicester Business Event, Tigers Ground on 27 Oct 2016 and add a link to your blog page about it… That gives you more hits on your website as well.
You can always send us a quick review of how you did last year and why you are booking for this year, and we will promote you in our social media posts as well That’s a win-win!
Here is a link to all the details if you want to book a stand, or just visit: http://www.hi2events.co.uk/index.php?id=2
Attending the Leicester Business Exhibition in October is great for raising your profile and making more people aware of the great products and services you have. But a successful exhibition is about much more than just ‘being there’ with your pop-up banner and leaflets…
Here are the top 3 Pitfalls, and how to avoid them…
1 Not knowing why you are there
You need to have some specific goals to achieve at each exhibition. It might be a number of new leads, or finding a new supplier, conducting local market research, showing off a brand new product, or even selling something as a show special on the day.
You can’t tell if you were successful, without having a number of goals set out for your team to achieve on the day. They must be measurable and achievable. Something like: Getting 10 new leads, signing up 50 businesses to your Newsletter and completing 50 research questionnaires- in return for the obligatory sweetie!
2. Not taking enough Staff
Running a stand all day on your own, or with just 2 of you is another pitfall. You will need time to walk around yourself, and to take a few breaks for food and water, and leaving just one person on the stand means you will miss out on talking to people who won’t wait until your colleague becomes free to speak.
If you are a sole trader or cannot shut down the office for the day and take the staff, then call up your nearest Virtual Assistant company – you will find them in every networking group or on LinkedIn, and book them for the day to come and speak to people on your stand, hand out leaflets, collect questionnaires, give out freebies, etc. It looks good to have a friendly face on the stand and is a sensible cost addition to the day.
3. Un-Briefed Team
Do your staff know exactly what you want to achieve on the day? Have you told them which questions to ask? Which companies you are most interested in meeting? Will they ask for a business card from everyone they speak to?
Make your company ‘exhibition stand’ rules, which could include: no eating on the stand, no sitting down staring into space, and no in depth chats to each other while people just walk quickly past. It may all seem obvious to you, but think about the last exhibition you walked around and what looks most professional to visitors… Did anyone on the other stands do any of those things? Did it put you off speaking to them?
These are the three biggest pitfalls that are really very easy to avoid. Sometimes it is these little things that can make a huge difference to people as they walk around deciding who to stop and talk to…
Why not try it out at this years’ LBE event on Thursday 27th October? You can book your place right now, and have six months to get everything in place for the big day..
and visit #LeicsBE16 on Twitter
Join the brand new Market Place at Leicester Business Event October 2016
This year a brand new feature will be appearing at LBE16 for the first time; the LBE Market Place; and from the response we have had already; it’s going to be a massive opportunity for small businesses.
The Market Place will be a dedicated arena for any of the talented and creative businesses in Leicester to have a ‘market style’ stall for the day, to sell their products directly to business owners and visitors to the event.
We are already taking enquiries from businesses who make or trade in things such as: Handbags, Jewellery, Handmade Cards, Chocolates, and Gifts and we would like to receive calls from Artists and Artisans across Leicester who would benefit from having a brand new audience for their products.
We are looking for specialist Cake Makers, Craft businesses, Health Foods and Health Products, Beauty products, Original Clothing, Artists, and any other exciting and original businesses that we may not know about.
We have a very limited number of these stalls, and the way word of mouth is spreading, we think they will all be booked up long before the summer. So if you know of a brilliant Artist or creative business that you think would benefit from the huge audience at the LBE events, then please put them in touch ASAP.
How to Book a Stall
Booking a Market Place Stall is easy, just contact Elaine Vandelli on: Tel: 0116 240 2330 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Download our Booking form here: http://www.hi2events.co.uk/index.php?id=11
The Leicester Business Event has grown into a great place to meet up with all kinds of businesses in our City, we call it “A business event tailored for business owners, directors and decision makers.” Where you will meet a huge range of business sectors all under one roof, where you will be able to find just about anything your business needs.
We call it a WIN WIN Solution!
Have you ever wondered why businesses take a stand at our Leicestershire Business Event every year?
Just what do they get back from it? Is it cost effective? are questions that we often get asked, so here are our 5 top reasons for you to consider taking a stand at the 2016 LBE event on 27 October 2016 at Tigers Ground…
- New Prospects: Exhibition surveys report statistics that say that on average, at a B2B exhibition, traffic to your stand will be made up of 12% of people that you already know or are in contact with, and 88% of businesses that you don’t. That means you are meeting local businesses that you can add to your mailing lists, show your new products to and make appointments with. All in one place, on one day. Let’s say you have 100 visitors, that means 88 new prospects, and if you divide the cost of the stand by 88, it gives you the cost of reaching each new lead at much less than a fiver… cheaper than buying a sandwich!
- Easier to Close the Deal: Research also tells us that sales taken at an exhibition are much easier to close than leads from cold calling methods. Furthermore, a whopping 54% of orders placed from new prospects at a trade show, need fewer or sometimes no follow-up meetings, saving you or your sales staff travel time and appointments time. (McGraw-Hill Research Foundation.)
- Reaching the right audience: Exhibiting is a really cost effective method of reaching your target market. If you supply products or services in Leicester City, or Leicestershire, it’s a great way of spreading the word about your company, building brand awareness and meeting other businesses that could benefit your supply chain,
- Beat your Competition. If your competitors are not there, you have a huge advantage over them by being visible and promoting your products. It may be that some of your visitors are not in the market right now for your products, but next week or next month, they may be. So who will they contact first? Will they trawl the internet looking for a local supplier? Yes, probably, but they are also much more likely to contact you first, since they already have a fleeting relationship with you. The rest is then up to you…
- Shop Window: These days, many businesses trade mostly on the internet, or have a premises tucked away in an industrial park, or in a business centre, so is sadly lacking in possibilities for new footfall. A local exhibition gives you a great shop window to really show off, let visitors handle your products, try them out, or take away a freebie that will keep you in their briefcase, pocket or on their desk.
These reasons are well known by many businesses, and the LBE Event this year is already taking bookings from businesses who don’t want to miss out on the best pitches. So if you have never tried it, or if you have attended as a visitor, why not give it a go this year? There are eight months until our October event, so plenty of time to plan your stand and invest in some freebies.
We nearly forgot – it is also great fun!
Here is a link to the details of this year’s Show on Thursday 27th October 2016:
Details: LBE 16